× Members

pip no response to form yet

More
7 years 8 months ago #165862 by veronica
pip no response to form yet was created by veronica
I was wondering how long it is before you get a response to your initial application form for pip. It has been about a month and I am worrying they did not receive it. I am in so much pain but donot feel at all confident I will be successful. Have proven back problems from mris etc but my g.p. seems to just shrug and say get on with it its old age. Can not do much for myself due to the back issue and arthritis. Have never claimed bedore so am very scared.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wotsitallabout?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165878 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic pip no response to form yet
Hello Veronica

I think the waiting time at the moment is about eight weeks, depending on where you live and how much of a backlog they are dealing with. It must seem and awfully long time, when you're ill and in pain.

If you're very much concerned you could always contact the DWP and ask how long it is likely to be?

As for your GP, is there not someone else in the practise that you could approach for help - he doesn't sound very helpful - old age does NOT necessarily mean to have to live in pain, and it's his job to find you relief from it. Why not ask for referral to a pain clinic - they might have some answers for you.

When you get your response from the DWP and hear when you have to attend your face to face, p :) lease get back to us and other members or mods will be able to let you know what is likely to happen, since it's your first application.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.