× Members

Pip

More
7 years 8 months ago #165868 by Adam35
Pip was created by Adam35
Hi everyone, I'm currently claiming Esa of which I had a paper based assesment, I'm also claiming Dla too my Dla is due to run out next May they said they will write to me about next March. Due to this site I already have all my questions answered for my re assesment but was thinking about putting in for it now instead to get it done, do you think a re assesment will look better or a complete new claim ? Can anyone help please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165918 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip

Adam35 wrote: Hi everyone, I'm currently claiming Esa of which I had a paper based assesment, I'm also claiming Dla too my Dla is due to run out next May they said they will write to me about next March. Due to this site I already have all my questions answered for my re assesment but was thinking about putting in for it now instead to get it done, do you think a re assesment will look better or a complete new claim ? Can anyone help please ?

Whilst you can self select to be transferred to PIP the process will be identical, it is in effect a new claim.

I would actually expect you to be contacted at the beginning of 2017 for your renewal.

PIP has been deliberately engineered to be more difficult to get and the Government are targeting a reduction of at least 20% is the disability budget, a lot of members have received reduced awards and a number have not received any, I would recommend that you look carefully at what points you might score for PIP before initiating an early transfer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.