× Members

Hoping for change

More
7 years 8 months ago #165895 by Debeleb
Hoping for change was created by Debeleb
I'm awaiting new treatment that I envisage will provide some benefit but I'm unsure how much change there will be to my daily circumstances.
I've lived a very restricted life for many years and had many disappointments following substantial operations and life changes. This has caused major anxiety in the management and coping with these changes and disappointments when I don't achieve stability in my condition.
I'm currently feeling apprehensive but positive about up and coming treatment but have no idea what the 'new me' will be and therefore asking you what a reasonable time would be before reporting such changes.
My worry is that my experience has been the improvements haven't lasted in the past and having just been through DWP assessment I know that the assessment process also impacts in a very negative way on my physical and mental health. I feel I will need to give myself time to improve, recover and establish what the 'new me' is or isn't before I can honestly complete the forms.
I'm already anxious and it hasn't even happened yet.
Please advise.thank you so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165932 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hoping for change
Hi Frodo,

If you are still going through the PIP reassessment, you should fill in the forms as you are now, not as you hope to be at some stage in the future.

If your treatment does bring about a change, I think it is reasonable to wait until you are sure this is going to last before you notify DWP of any change in circumstances (and possibly trigger another assessment!).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debeleb

More
7 years 8 months ago #166017 by Debeleb
Replied by Debeleb on topic Hoping for change
I'm always hopeful for change!! As we all are I'm sure. I have provided my treatment plan and it is going to take a quite a while for the medical team, as well as myself to provide, assess and make decisions. I've only ever seen temporary improvements because of the complexity of my incurable condition.
My plan involves very invasive treatment. It won't affect my care component as I now have greater needs but hope It will eventually result in better mobility. I will gladly be reassessed. I'd truely love more mobility.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.