× Members

please help dla/pip

More
7 years 8 months ago #165904 by katian
please help dla/pip was created by katian
we have just received the dreaded pip forms and my husband is worried sick. He has got various health problems, heart condition, angina, severe arthritis in neck, shoulder, wrists, & knees ,he has had two spinal decompressions, and a hip replacement, balance problems, and psoriasis on the palms of his hands, and feet, ibs, and stomach problems. He doesn't drive, and is on a cocktail of various medications. He is also on medication for depression. Some of the questions that are listed on the pip form seem to be for people that can drive themselves, or catch a bus, and generally do some things for themselves. We dont know whats is classed as aids, or whether or not wheelchairs, stairlifts and crutches lose you points or not. The whole form is a nightmare. Please can someone help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165939 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic please help dla/pip
Hi Katian and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Our PIP guides explain how to go about completing the form and answers most, if not all, of your questions. Please have a good read and then come back to us if you have any specific questions that we can help with.

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your husband's PIP anytime during the process without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166146 by katian
Replied by katian on topic please help dla/pip
Hi there,thanks for your reply. I am getting increasingly confused and just a tad miffed with this pip form, lol .. Are they putting trick questions on it. I read somewhere that you can Gain or lose points for aids and appliances, but I can't find out what this means exactly. I have looked on your sample pages but page 18 that refers to it isn't there. Sorry to be a pain, but I seem to be going round in circles and getting nowhere. Thanks again :

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166147 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic please help dla/pip
Many of the descriptors give points for needing to use aids.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166148 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic please help dla/pip

katian wrote: I have looked on your sample pages but page 18 that refers to it isn't there. Sorry to be a pain, but I seem to be going round in circles and getting nowhere. Thanks again :

It sounds like you are looking at the sample guides rather than the full guide which are available on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.