× Members

What do I have to do in wra

More
7 years 8 months ago #165917 by Sam
What do I have to do in wra was created by Sam
After 12 months of waiting I have been told I am I the work related activity group , but what am I expected to do , is this the same as jsa , will I also receive jsa , it's confusing , if I get work will my money stop , how long will I wait for an appointment ,the letter only came today thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165947 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What do I have to do in wra

Sam wrote: After 12 months of waiting I have been told I am I the work related activity group , but what am I expected to do , is this the same as jsa , will I also receive jsa , it's confusing , if I get work will my money stop , how long will I wait for an appointment ,the letter only came today thanks

Whilst there are many similarities between ESA in the WRAG and JSA you cannot be required to work or to seek work.

You can be asked to attend Work Focussed Interviews at your local JC+ office, to perform Work Related Activity such as your attending training courses and you can be forwarded to the Work Programme. You need to be aware that activities can be mandated and your benefits can be sanctioned if you fail to comply.

I wouldn't worry about not being contacted yet.

If you are receiving Contribution Based ESA then you need to be aware that payments will be limited to 365 days, this will include the time that you spent on the Assessment rate. After this you may be eligible for Income Related ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.