× Members

Can anyone help me about carers allowance please

More
7 years 8 months ago #165928 by mickymick
Not even sure if anyone can help or even if this is allowed please accept my sincere apologies if it is not. But in case it is can anyone help me with my query.
I have claimed carers allowance for my wife for many years now. I understand that my wife can now claim carers allowance for me as I am on standard care pip. We care for each other in completely different areas of health. We are on income support and what I want to know is, if she claims carers allowance will we be better or worse off . As I say we are on income support and I just don't understand what the page is saying!!!!

Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165951 by Gordon
mickymick

We would need to know a lot more about your personal circumstances to answer this, either get face to face advice from a trained advisor who can calculate what you will receive if she claims CA or put your information into one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165988 by mickymick
Replied by mickymick on topic Can anyone help me about carers allowance please
Thank you Gordon appreciate it

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.