× Members

Current PIP Payments stopped

More
7 years 8 months ago #165991 by cdlc
Current PIP Payments stopped was created by cdlc
I was awarded PIP (lower rate mobility) from Feb 2014 for 3 years. In January this year I was sent a new claim form for my next claim. When queried I was told that they take up to a year to deal with the continuation of your claim. I lost it and was sent a new form in March. My landlord then did some work on my flat which meant a lot of upset and I forgot about the claim form, partly because I feel sick whenever I think about the forms and the DWP.
Today I received a letter telling me that my payments are being stopped with immediate effect and that I had to return the original form with a letter giving my excuses. The LOST original form!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? My original award still has 6 months to run!
TYIA, claire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165992 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Current PIP Payments stopped
cdlc

You have been very lucky that they have not closed your claim before this! A failure to return a PIP2 can result in your claim being closed even though you still have time on your existing award.

They want a completed PIP, don't worry about it being the original one, complete the one you have and send it back as quickly as possible, you will also have to explain why the form is late.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165993 by cdlc
Replied by cdlc on topic Current PIP Payments stopped
Will I have to wait for several months for them to reinstate my claim?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165994 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Current PIP Payments stopped

cdlc wrote: Will I have to wait for several months for them to reinstate my claim?

You're the first person we have seen have this issue so there is no precedent that I can refer to, but they may not re-instate it until a new Decision is made on your claim, which could easily be another three months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165996 by cdlc
Replied by cdlc on topic Current PIP Payments stopped
Thanks. I will report back if I get any exciting news!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.