× Members

Work restriction while in ESA support group

More
7 years 8 months ago #166016 by Leanne
Hi, I'm currently claiming ESA and have been placed in the support group (I have a number of health probe) When I am well enough I do some art and craft which helps with my depression, and my friend suggested I should sell some for a bit of added income (which is desperately needed) maybe just post a few things on group pages on Facebook.

I wondered if there are any restrictions on this? there are times when I can't physically do any crafts for a period of time and other times where I might manage one day a week, so there is no regularity.

The last thing I want is to be thrown off of ESA as its my only regular income.

Thanks in advance
Leanne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166034 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work restriction while in ESA support group

Leanne wrote: Hi, I'm currently claiming ESA and have been placed in the support group (I have a number of health probe) When I am well enough I do some art and craft which helps with my depression, and my friend suggested I should sell some for a bit of added income (which is desperately needed) maybe just post a few things on group pages on Facebook.

I wondered if there are any restrictions on this? there are times when I can't physically do any crafts for a period of time and other times where I might manage one day a week, so there is no regularity.

The last thing I want is to be thrown off of ESA as its my only regular income.

Thanks in advance
Leanne

Your crafting is not an issue but if you decide the to sell the results of your efforts then it comes under the heading of Permitted Work, there's a guide in the ESA section to PW.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leanne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.