× Members

tribunal

More
7 years 8 months ago #166023 by saud
tribunal was created by saud
i would like to know if it would be possible for me to attend the tribunal on my mums behalf ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166041 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic tribunal

saud wrote: i would like to know if it would be possible for me to attend the tribunal on my mums behalf ?

There are very limited circumstances where a family member can represent a claimant, you would need the permission of the Judge to do so you need to write the Clerk of the Court at the venue for her appeal and see if they will accept you as a substitute.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166058 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic tribunal
Hi Saud,

You didn't say what kind of appeal hearing it is. If it's an ESA or DLA/PIP hearing, attending on your mother's behalf may have very limited benefit. This is because the tribunal need to see the appellant and ask questions directly in order to form a view of what points should be scored. Without your mother in attendance it could be nothing more than a paper hearing.

Good luck,

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.