× Members

Housing benefit as been kicked off

More
7 years 8 months ago #166054 by Wendy
Housing benefit as been kicked off was created by Wendy
Hi I was wondering if you know what will happen if esa has stopped and told to claim jsa but am not well enough to look for work... So will just manage with my savings and family help.. What will happen to housing benefit..? And if I do deside to go for jsa with a sick note from dr will a housing benefit claim have to be started again? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166056 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Housing benefit as been kicked off
Hi Wendy and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

DWP will notify the housing benefit people that your ESA has been stopped. Your Housing Benefit will stop immediately. However, it is easy to get it re-instated on the grounds of low/nil income. I don't believe this is a difficult procedure.

As you have said, you can sign on for JSA (as you have been officially been found 'fit for work') and then, once your claim has been accepted, be excused job-seeking activities for up to 13 weeks by handing in a fitnote.

If you do not claim JSA you should continue to obtain fitnotes from the day after the ESA claim ended and keep these to one side. Then DWP will backdate the ESA assessment rate to this date if you have to go to appeal.

Let's hope that none of this is necessary!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.