× Members

Consultant report from atos

More
7 years 9 months ago #163907 by Lesley A
Consultant report from atos was created by Lesley A
I'd been receiving pip until March this tear. In January a man came to my home to assess me , when he left he said I'd still recover my pip monies. In April my money was stopped when I rang the lady on the phone couldn't tell me anything as she couldn't find me on the system. She rang me back 2 days later telling me I was not entitled to pip !!!!! Why ? I asked. I'm not sure as I can see your in the support group.... I had to appeal it took me almost 4 weeks to complete but sent my 7 page statement , 2 statements from friends aletter from my doctor and hospital apts pending.. I was still refused... I'm now appealing iv sent my form with a small statement about why and am now waiting.this has made me very anxious , worried the decision makers letter is so totally wrong I feel so bad about myself I cannot believe someone who doesn't know me can say al .... I was diagnosed with incognito impairment in 2015, as I'm not getting treatment for this he's basically calling me a liar... I can answer questions myself but have difficulty in remembering I think I'm going to go mad waiting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163916 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Consultant report from atos
Lesley

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

All of our PIP information is on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

I would start by having a look at our PIP Appeal guide that will explain the process.

You will get an acknowledgement from the Tribunal Service about your appeal and they will also notify the DWP who will prepare their submission and will then send it to you. You can then prepare and submit your own evidence, just make sure that everything is with the TS no later than 7 days before your hearing.

In terms of preparing your submission, first don't wait for the DWP to send you theirs, but don't send your until you have received theirs and made sure that you have addressed any issues that it raises.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria from an award so I would sit down with the assessment report, your PIP2 and our PIP Claim guide to make sure that you meet that criteria, be careful, some of the Descriptors that define the criteria have multiple elements and you must show that you meet all of these to be able to score points.

If you have questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #166155 by Lesley A
Replied by Lesley A on topic Consultant report from atos
This morning I received a brown envelope from the tribunal as I'm waiting for my date to appeal. Iv just read the consultant report form PA4. I can honestly say this is not how my interview went in February..... I have been diagnosed with early stages of incognito impairment 16 months ago and suffer daily . In the report it states because I was able to able to answer the questions directly it states I have no memory issue !!!!!!! I was not able to remember the items he told me to remember . It says I answered the door .... I did not... It states I walked 16 steps to my flat..... I don't have 16 steps to my flat.......reading further it says I like to play golf, swimming and running...... Yes back when I was 39 ...... They've been looking at something on social media..... I fell violated I feel stressed which is not good as Iv been diagnosed with GERD. How can somebody say all these things when they've only met your for 30 mins..... Iv started shaking again I'm so angry .

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #166156 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Consultant report from atos
Hi Lesley,

I have merged your query with the previous topic about your PIP claim. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic.

I'm sorry that the assessor's report has upset you so much :(

You might need to address certain issues - steps to your flat, whether you still undertake certain activities etc - but don't forget that you will not be awarded PIP simply by discrediting the assessor's report but by showing how and why you meet the descriptors.

If/when you have further questions or comments about your PIP, at any stage in the process, please reply to this and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166267 by Lesley A
Replied by Lesley A on topic Consultant report from atos
Il do as best as I can I'm just confused by everything . Thank you for your advice.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.