× Members

Problems with travelling

More
7 years 8 months ago #166178 by Edwin
Problems with travelling was created by Edwin
Hi all...I am waiting for my PIP assessment F to F ...I cannot travel with ease any great distance..And struggle to reach Hospital appointments owing to severe pain...(my Hospital is only 11 miles away)...I live in North wales..And I am worried in case an appointment is made at a centre to far for me to travel...I have stated on my form that I have trouble traveling owing to disc problems and associated severe nerve pain...I have read on here that there is a centre about 7 miles from me....But the l am worried in case I get the appointment to travel to the other centre in Rhyl..Which is over an hour away..And I just don't think I could tolerate the journey....I have read some horror stories about people being asked to attend distant centres...Surely they have to take your disability into account by Law....And make allowances for people under the Disability Laws...Not sure I would like a Home visit ..could that be an option ?...Cheers...

Edwin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166187 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Problems with travelling
Edwin

If you want to switch to a home assessment then you will need the support of your GP as they will need to write to the Assessment Provider to explain why you cannot attend at their offices.

If you are happy to travel to an assessment centre that is relatively close to you, then you can either wait until you receive an appointment and then phone them up and move it, but be aware that you will have to attend this new appointment or you risk your claim being closed.

Alternatively, you can try and pre-empt the first appointment by ringing them tomorrow and trying to arrange a mutually acceptable venue and time.

To be clear, you can only re-arrange once, so if you phone and find that an appointment has already been booked then this would count as your one change. Also, you do not have to accept any appointment which is less than 7 days in advance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166221 by Edwin
Replied by Edwin on topic Problems with travelling
Thank you for the information Gordon...I will speak to my GP...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.