× Members

Advice on Simpler-Looking PIP Review Form

More
7 years 8 months ago #166218 by Augustus
Hi

Do you have any advice on how to approach this form where, on any particular activity, my condition and its effects is unchanged?
The form seems to invite you to tick the box and just move on. Is there a risk in this because they won't have any new information on which to score? Is a medical interview more likely if you did this?
It seems more likely that this is like a new application because they still need to score you, and to do that, simply saying "as before" might not be enough.
So should I elaborate on every activity where there are issues, like I was applying afresh?
I'd be grateful for any feedback on this. Some things have changed for me, and I have supporting evidence, but others, which were scored first time round, haven't changed.

Thank you

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166235 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice on Simpler-Looking PIP Review Form
Augustus

So far we have only had one member complete the process, they ticked "no change" and their current award was extended.

Whilst we would normally advise members to treat a reassessment as a new claim, this form doesn't necessarily require this. Certainly, if you report a change then I would say you need to explain it in detail and provide evidence to support it, but if you are going to report no change for some activities then I am not convinced of the need to explain in detail, in fact doing so may be counter productive, after all a detailed reply must in principle be the same as what you supplied on your original PIP2, if it isn't then you are in effect saying that there has been a change.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

More
7 years 8 months ago #166248 by Augustus
Replied by Augustus on topic Advice on Simpler-Looking PIP Review Form
Gordon

What about an activity which I won on appeal. No 11 about journeys. Originally assessed 11B, but on appeal 11D.
If I write unchanged, will ATOS/DWP go by the final decision of the tribunal or their initial decision? In other words, should I re-emphasise my circumstances?

Thank you

A

More
7 years 8 months ago #166249 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice on Simpler-Looking PIP Review Form

Augustus wrote: Gordon

What about an activity which I won on appeal. No 11 about journeys. Originally assessed 11B, but on appeal 11D.
If I write unchanged, will ATOS/DWP go by the final decision of the tribunal or their initial decision? In other words, should I re-emphasise my circumstances?

Thank you

A

In this case I think it is worth you providing a more detailed explanation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

More
7 years 8 months ago #166271 by oldman
Replied by oldman on topic Advice on Simpler-Looking PIP Review Form
On the final sheet I put of treatments and medicine changes since original assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.