× Members

ESA Review Looming, Help/Advice

More
7 years 8 months ago #166222 by MistyBlue
ESA Review Looming, Help/Advice was created by MistyBlue
Hi to you all, my first posting here.

I was awarded 2 years ESA support group which is due for review soon, this was prior to my hip operation, I have Lupus and had stroke/TIA's, one TIA after the award for 2 years. My DLA is indefinite, and due at some point to move to PIP. I wasn't asked to attend a medical for this ESA supported group award.

My question is when will I hear from DWP regarding review? Is it a straightforward asking if anything has changed, or will I need to complete the forms again? Has anyone else had a review and what was their outcome? I wonder how much this is linked with DLA/PIP changes?

Any help would be welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166239 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Review Looming, Help/Advice
D

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I would expect you to receive a new ESA50 about 5-6 weeks before the anniversary of your current award, but don't worry too much if you don't ESA is an indefinite award and you will continue to receive your current payments until a new Decision is made.

This will be a full review of your claim so you need to complete the ESA50 in detail as if it was a new claim and provide evidence as you can, even if you have sent it in before. You should be prepared for a face to face interview, we are seeing a lot of claimants who had a paper assessment last time being asked to attend this time.

Make sure that you use the latest ESA Claim guides as there have been changes to some of the DWP guidance since you were last assessed.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.