× Members

Who does ESA Medicals in Nottinghamshire now?

More
7 years 9 months ago #166237 by Unite1801
Hi everyone X

After a continued battle I have finally (I don't know how) got Capita to agree to a home assessment for my PIP application but am still no further forward than I was in November battling to get a home assessment for my ESA. Does anyone know who does the ESA assessments for the postcode NG20 or how I can find out because if it is Capita surely they can't agree I need a home visit for one and not the other and maybe I'm being too hopeful but can they not use the one visit?? X

Also any advice on my home visit with Capita - is it any different than the original ATos appointments. I find them to be extremely impersonal and very business like having being quoted the word 'procedure' 8 times in the process of losing my DLA whilst waiting for PIP. I even have it in writing 'your DLA will not be reinstated by if successful you pip claim will be backdated to the 5th January 2016 and payments made from when your DLA was stopped. This is in line with procedure' X The word of 2016!!

Thank you for any help X
Kind regards :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #166246 by Gordon
Unite

Maximus do all of the ESA assessments on the UK mainland.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Is the reference to ATOS in regard a DLA assessment. PIP Assessments are very different from DLA ones, they are carried out using a computer program that the assessor uses to complete the report. There's a section in the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #166272 by Unite1801
Replied by Unite1801 on topic Who does ESA Medicals in Nottinghamshire now?
Thank you Gordon, I'll look at the information now X Yes my DLA home visits were always done by Atos with a Dr coming to my home and doing a written report - so do they bring a laptop and does that mean that it won't be a Dr? That was one of the big positive point of a home visit was that it guaranteed a GP visit and not a random health worker with no knowledge of what was wrong with most people X

I don't know about ESA then - as I never had separate visits. Maybe it was done on evidence only.

Hope you are well
X

More
7 years 9 months ago #166279 by Gordon

Unite1801 wrote: Thank you Gordon, I'll look at the information now X Yes my DLA home visits were always done by Atos with a Dr coming to my home and doing a written report - so do they bring a laptop and does that mean that it won't be a Dr? That was one of the big positive point of a home visit was that it guaranteed a GP visit and not a random health worker with no knowledge of what was wrong with most people X

I don't know about ESA then - as I never had separate visits. Maybe it was done on evidence only.

Hope you are well
X

Yes, I'm afraid there is no guarantee of your assessment being done by a doctor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.