× Members

PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #166287 by Willgoose
PIP was created by Willgoose
Hi, Do you get a copy of your PIP assessors medical report with the decision letter? Or do I have to request a copy from DWP. I had my assessment 8 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. Thanks in anticipation of some advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166308 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The assessor's report is not sent out routinely but you can get it easily by contacting DWP to ask for it. A phone call should be adequate but we always suggest following this up in writing so that you have an audit trail if things go awry. Most people receive it within aprox 10-14 days although sometimes claimants are told that they must wait until after a decision has been made.

Decisions are taking some time at the moment, I think we are currently looking at a minimum of 8 weeks following the face2face assessment - although DWP do sometimes surprise us by getting their finger out!

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in the future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. Hopefully, you will only need to inform us of a positive decision but you never know . . .

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willgoose

More
7 years 8 months ago #166598 by Willgoose
Replied by Willgoose on topic PIP
Thanks for the info. Just for information I sent my completed PIP form (I am transferring from DLA) in to DWP in January 2014. I received and appointment for a medical in May 2016 which was cancelled with less than an hour's notice (I had already turned up for the assessment). Repeat medical assessment was in June 2016. I decided to ring the DWP late last week to request my medical report having been told by my assessor that I should hear within 8 weeks.. The gentleman I spoke to at the PIP helpline told me I was not on the system yet.. He was very patronising and told me to be patient as applications can take up to 4 months. I didn't tell him I had been waiting about 2 and a half years!!! They are still paying my DLA So I suppose I should be grateful!!

More
7 years 8 months ago #166611 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP
As you say, when dealing with DWP we tend to be grateful for small mercies (although this should not have to be the case)!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168382 by Willgoose
Replied by Willgoose on topic PIP
Hi, me again!!
Received the dreaded brown envelope yesterday and found to my relief that I have been put in the support group for ESA, thinking that was good, since I hadn't applied for that yet!!. Then today received a letter inviting me to apply for PIP as I am in receipt of DLA. A bit confused so I rang up to apply and query it as I thought I'd already applied. Turns out I had applied for and received ESA (thinking I had applied for PIP) So now I have applied by phone for PIP itself! Now more forms to fill in. ☹️ Do you think, given that I have been put in the support group for ESA, that they will take that into account when dealing with my PIP application? Do the different benefit sections communicate with each other?

I feel so stupid for thinking I had applied for PIP when I had applied for, and had a medical, for ESA and not realised my mistake.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168398 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Willgoose

Congratulations on the ESA award :)

An ESA report can be used to make a positive PIP award, but it will depend in why you were awarded ESA, there are areas that are specific to only one benefit or the other and even when there are commonalities the criteria can still be quite different.

If you feel that the ESA award can help then it may be to your advantage to include a copy of the assessment report with your PIP claim and highlight the areas that you think are relevant, but read the full report to make sure that there are not statements that actually undermine your PIP claim.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.