× Members

Toilets for claimants in Job Centres, JS WRAG etc

More
7 years 8 months ago #166309 by Maggie
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put up my Petition for Toilets for Claimants in JobCentres here, so Moderators, apologies if this is inappropriate.

Back in April I read a blog post about a 60 year old man who had to attend a meeting in a Job Centre and was embarrassed in front of a group of 12 people.
www.katebelgrave.com/2015/01/now-for-our...ilets-at-jobcentres/

There's more about a similar case (which actually came up in a debate in Parliament) here:
voxpoliticalonline.com/2016/03/29/the-em...sabled-back-to-work/

Here's the link for Hansard:
hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2014-10-28...ution-14102888000112

This all made me so angry I started a petition on the Governemnt Petition website. I'm afraid it's not doing that well for signatures! Currently 2526 and it finishes on 1 October.

But I've had some interesting feedback on Twitter about it. One person didn't believe it was true that there are no public toilets in JobCentres. I did manage to persuade him eventually! :) and he signed. Unfortunately I started the petiton on 1st April, :blush: so initially he thought it was a joke. :( A lady told me she'd asked to take her 3 year old to the toilets and was told to take him to the restaurant down the road. :angry: And more older claimants are being sent to JobCentres now with the rise in Retirement Age, I've had support on Twitter from some of the Waspies who are having to wait longer for their State Pension.

Anyway, here's the link to my petition:

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/126184

This is not something that affects me personally as I'm 67 and retired now. But it just made me so angry the more I found out, I just felt I had to try and help in the only way I could think of.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.