× Members

esa medical

More
7 years 8 months ago #166401 by janev
esa medical was created by janev
hi
i had an esa medical assessment today but my doctor sent a fax saying i could not attend and asking for a home assessment. last time i did this they just accepted it and put me straight into wrag group - i then appealed and was put in the support group.

this time i was told to ring a particular number to check they had received the fax and then forced to make another appointment for an assessment (even though was second appointment and your not supposed to be allowed to have more than two) as they said otherwise my claim would be closed - even though they had received the fax!
Has anyone else experienced this? my anxiety is telling me i'm being singled out for some reason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166450 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic esa medical
Hello Janev

The probability is that you have missed two appointments (if I understand your letter correctly) relying on your GP's faxes to support your failure to attend for your medical and the DWP find this unacceptable.

I don't think you're being singled out personally, it's simply that you have not fitted in with their rules and regulations!

You will. I think, have to attend for face to face assessment this time (or your GP can again request home assessment). If they have said your claim will be closed then I believe you should accept this as fact.

I'm sorry you're having to face this when you are obviously distressed at the thought; I hope your GP will be able to help with a request for a home assessment. Good luck :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #166452 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic esa medical
Hi Janev,

I can't tell from your post whether you are referring to Maximus or the DWP.

If you miss two face-to-face assessments your claim does not automatically close. Your case simply gets returned to DWP for a decision on whether you had good reason to miss or cancel the appointments. The medical centre staff often unclear about this when advising claimants.

Good luck,

Derek

More
7 years 8 months ago #166490 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa medical
Hi Janey,

Derek is correct in saying that DWP will decide whether or not your claim should be closed. However, it is our experience that they tend to close first and ask questions afterwards!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek4

More
7 years 7 months ago #169550 by janev
Replied by janev on topic esa medical
hi
i have now received a letter today saying a home visit could not be authorised on the medical evidence received - and i must attend appointment
it also says if i wish to send in new medical evidence they will re consider
BUT
appointment is on monday!! so taking into account weekend that gives me a day and a half to sort it !

how can i do this ?
what would i need to provide ? - i have missed appointments with psych since april because of agraphobia (not sure this is write term as i'm not scared of open spaces - i just get so anxious can't go out - think its people is problem more than anything really)

More
7 years 7 months ago #169555 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa medical
Janev

As your GP has already sent a letter explaining your issues and this has not been accepted I am afraid your options are extremely limited. We would normally suggest your MP as your next port of call, but if the appointment is Monday then your may struggle to get anything done in the time available.

Contacting your MP

Is there any way that you can manage the appointment? Could a friend or relative go with you?

If you fail to attend again then there is a real possibility that your file will be returned to the DWP and your claim will be closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.