× Members

16 months waitng for ESA medical.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166434 by sellins
16 months waitng for ESA medical. was created by sellins
I was wondering whether i have a good reason to fill in a new form before this medical? Whilst I didn't do too bad a job filling it in on my own first time round, with better advice i think I could explain my conditions better now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166448 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic 16 months waitng for ESA medical.
Hello Sellins

I'm not quite sure whether you have an appointment for your medical yet or not, but you sound as though you should probably make a fresh claim, especially since your condition has got worse.

Phone the DWP first to ask if the appointment for a medical is anywhere in the pipeline (it does look as though you've been lost in the system from the length f time you've been waiting). If you're told that they have no record of you then request a new claim form.

When you get your claim form, then read through the guides on here, and you should be able to make a good claim for yourself; check which descriptors best fit your symptoms and go on from there. You might also have new evidence from your medical team to support your claim, after all this time.

If anybody helps you with your day to day living, then ask them to write a short letter describing your symptoms; keep a diary of your problems and how you're affected on a day to day basis. All of these ideas might help support your application. Good luck with it. :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #166471 by ever hoping
Replied by ever hoping on topic 16 months waitng for ESA medical.
Hi Sellins
My medical took over 2 years.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166498 by sellins
Replied by sellins on topic 16 months waitng for ESA medical.
Hi thanks for responding. I had one medical cancelled 6 months ago and they have recently sent me a new appointment for Sept.
It is not that my condition has got worse so much as I have a better understanding of it (CFS/me) and as I have recently been trough the PIP application with the help of this web site I feel that there is more I need to say,
Perhaps I should just make notes and say it at the medical?

Thanks again

More
7 years 8 months ago #166505 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic 16 months waitng for ESA medical.
Hi Sellins,

If you think it would help, you can complete a PDF version of the form and take it with you to the assessment

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166509 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 16 months waitng for ESA medical.

sellins wrote: Hi thanks for responding. I had one medical cancelled 6 months ago and they have recently sent me a new appointment for Sept.
It is not that my condition has got worse so much as I have a better understanding of it (CFS/me) and as I have recently been trough the PIP application with the help of this web site I feel that there is more I need to say,
Perhaps I should just make notes and say it at the medical?

Thanks again

I would not fill in a new form but if you want to provide an update then you can do this by providing a letter with the details in it, try and stick to the same order as the activities on the ESA50, once complete send a copy to the Maximus address where you are being assessed and also take a copy to the assessment and ask the assessor to read it and include the letter in your file.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.