× Members

Confused about pips and benefits in general

More
7 years 8 months ago #166660 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused about pips and benefits in general
Sam

All claimants are entitled to two opportunities to attend a PIP assessment, if your benefit has been stopped then this implies that you have missed two, not one appointment.

If you want to pursue the matter then you need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP office dealing with your claim, there is a template letter that you can use in the PIP section.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should also make a Subject Access to the Assessment Provider for your postcode, Capita or ATOS, for information on the letters that they sent you about the appointments, specifically you need to request a copy of the letter, the address that they used and proof that they actually sent the letter,

You can write a letter to them asking for the information, head it with the words "Subject Access Request".

ESA is a separate benefit to PIP, have a look at the ESA Claim guides for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166916 by Sam
No. Even they agree imonly missed one appointment. There is no doubt. I wrote to the PIP address I had asking for them to reconsider my case. I have no other department phone number or address to contact as they won't give me one I don't understand the paragraph you wrote about subject access etc. If you mean ask them to prove they sent me an appointment I doubt they will do that and again, I have no address and nor will they give me one. I was on ESA and that stopped when I got my government pension. So as of this week I have no benefit doing in just a pension. I can barely walk, I cannot wear shoes so going out is not an option unless I have to visit hospital and I go barefoot. I have been advised by a solicitor to sue my hospital for medical negligence but although they did make a massive mistake by not realising I had a broken back after a fall I can't face going through all the hassle for nothing. I need help to pay for allthe medical equipment and dressings I use, for taxis and ther things regarding my inability to care for myself. I think what these people are doing is evil. Nobody will speak to you when you eventually get them which can take days.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused about pips and benefits in general
SAm

trying to answer your questions.

If you are receiving the State Pension then you are no longer entitled to claim ESA, they are termed as Overlapping Benefits.

It is extremely unusual for your PIP to be stopped as a result of you only missing one appointment, in fact I have not heard of it happening before.

Yes you need to write to the Assessment Provider for your postcode, see the map on the following link

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

you can contact the APs via there web pages

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

www.atoshealthcare.com/

The DWP's assumption is that a letter sent will have been delivered, you are asking the AP to prove that they sent you a letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.