× Members

PIP assessment-ran out of time!!

More
7 years 8 months ago #166677 by Beaufort4
Replied by Beaufort4 on topic PIP assessment-ran out of time!!
At the start of my conversation with 'Michael' from Capita, I explained that my assessment ran over time.
He told me that it was my fault as I must have been late.
I said that I was 25mins early and have a parking machine ticket to prove it.

Thank you Gordon for suggesting I check up on the second appointment.
Nothing had been arranged or even reported or flagged up on the system.
I would have merely 'failed'.

'Michael' from Capita did not have a phone number for the Derby assessment centre to speak to my assessor!

However he has managed to book me a second assessment in a few weeks time with the same person at the same place.
I've been told that they may be able to continue where they left off. Though I haven't been given any guarantees.

As I said before, if I have to start again with the assessment then I have to assume that I'll run out of time again.

If I don't return to the assessment centre and have the home visit I initially requested and which was advised by this morning's assessor then I have to go through the whole thing again.

Alarmingly, whilst talking to his colleagues I heard the Capita chap say 'look at all the blank spaces'! I queried this twice but was told not to worry!

Fingers crossed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167301 by Beaufort4
I finally have the second half of my assessment booked for 8 Sept 16,over 2 weeks after the first half! I've been told it will be with the same assessor so I might be able to continue where we left off. This isn't guaranteed!
I'll phone Capita to check this next week.
I was told that if it's a different assessor then everything will definitelty start from the beginning again. I did point out that should this happen then we are liable to run out of time again and the situation will be repeated.
I'll update this post when I've made the phone call/had the assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #167850 by Beaufort4
An update to my assessment situation.

My appointment for the second half of my assessment was at 11.55am today.
Yesterday I phoned Capita to check I still had the same assessor and that all was OK. They said it was.

I get to the assessment centre early to be told 'we've been trying desperately to get hold of you, it's been cancelled, your assessors' ill'.

I was given the option of waiting 15mins in case another claimant with the same appointment time didn't turn up otherwise I was told it would be 2.45pm later this afternoon.

I did wait 15mins but everyone showed up for their appointments, but with the nature of my conditions and the fact I can't keep messing about the people who help/accompany me, I would be unable to wait several hours.
I have yet another appointment booked for 23rd September.

With regard to them desparately trying to contact me; my mobile phone does not show unknown or withheld numbers, they go straight to the answer machine.

I had 2 unknown calls at 10.30am this morning but neither left a message.
I'm assuming these were from the Capita assessment centre.
However this was far too short notice for me not to have set off already.
I live in a rural area and need to leave well over an hour to get to the centre in time. Most of my journey is without mobile signal. So I only received the silent voicemails whilst already in the car park.
Another night of little sleep and worrying for nothing only to have to go a third possibly fourth time.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167871 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment-ran out of time!!
Beaufort

I'd seriously consider a complaint and definitely notify the DWP of the problems that you have had.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168330 by Beaufort4
I did speak to someone in Welfare Rights who said it was 'one of those things' however I'll wait until my third-time-lucky assessment on 23rd September to see if I have to start my assessment from the beginning again.
I'll update this post after that and would appreciate some advice on making a complaint then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168350 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment-ran out of time!!
Thanks Beaufort4, I have everything crossed for you!

You can complain to both the assessment provider (ATOS or Capita) and DWP.

Complaining to the DWP

Complaining to ATOS Healthcare

www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

You might also want to let your MP know how you have been treated

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.