× Members

PIP assessment-ran out of time!!

More
7 years 8 months ago #166653 by Beaufort4
PIP assessment-ran out of time!! was created by Beaufort4
Hello. I am new here and this is my first post.

I had my PIP assessment this morning at 10.40am.

The nurse assessing me discussed my medication, side effects and mobility but didn't get as far as the physical assessment nor daily living etc.

At 12pm she said she'd have to stop as her next appoiniment had arrived and that I'd need to have a further assessment but she would advise that it would be a home visit.

However, I thought it strange I was given Capita's telephone number for me to arrange it myself!!).

Has anyone else had this happen as my Disability Direct advisor hadn't and was a little bemused but felt it was all positive?

(My problems are PTSD, GAD, panic attacks, fibromyalgia, M.E., allergies, sciatica, migraines, Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria Angioedema, multiple chemical sensitivities, IBS. A lot are stress related caused by several very traumatic incidents.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166656 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment-ran out of time!!
Beaufort

We have seen this before, I have to warn you that the other member discovered that no provision had been made for a further assessment, at home or otherwise and the assessor had simply used it as an excuse to terminate the appointment early so that they could see the next claimant, they get paid on producing reports.

I would ring Capita's number now to see whether you really are going to get a second appointment, if no then I would make a formal complaint.

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166659 by Beaufort4
Replied by Beaufort4 on topic PIP assessment-ran out of time!!
Hello. Thank you for replying.

I'm assuming that everything so far is logged on the system?

If they haven't made any arrangements for finishing the assessment (and I don't chase it up) will it be considered that I've 'failed' despite my not having done anything wrong?

I'll phone Capita ASAP.
Many thanks.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166663 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment-ran out of time!!

Beaufort4 wrote: Hello. Thank you for replying.

I'm assuming that everything so far is logged on the system?

If they haven't made any arrangements for finishing the assessment (and I don't chase it up) will it be considered that I've 'failed' despite my not having done anything wrong?

I'll phone Capita ASAP.
Many thanks.

If no second appointment is allowed then I would expect the original assessor to produce a report based on the assessment that they did.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166667 by Edwin
Replied by Edwin on topic PIP assessment-ran out of time!!
That's totally wrong...Subjecting someone with severe stress to further stress and uncertainty is nothing short of criminal...You will have to chase this up..Please let us know your outcome....
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd, bassettsfarm

More
7 years 8 months ago #166673 by Beaufort4
Replied by Beaufort4 on topic PIP assessment-ran out of time!!
Hello.
I'm currently on hold to Capita so I'm typing while waiting!!

Been told this hasn't happened before!

Capita said that they can't do the other half at a separate date-all has to be done at same time. Including a home visit-apparently it's a different assessment.

The chap at Capita just came back to me to say he's trying to reach my assessor from this morning to see if she can finish what she started but I'll probably have to go back to the assessment centre. Again, unsure if I'll have to do the whole thing again.

If it took 1.5 hr today then starting from scratch will still take 1.5hr plus the extra time needed!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.