× Members

Award length

More
7 years 8 months ago #166933 by Candycane1010
Award length was created by Candycane1010
I have spoken to someone at pip and have been award pip both enhance rate the person told me that the award is from 27may 2016- December 2016 is this right as i was only re assessed in August as my other pip was awarded until May 2017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166950 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Award length

Candycane1010 wrote: I have spoken to someone at pip and have been award pip both enhance rate the person told me that the award is from 27may 2016- December 2016 is this right as i was only re assessed in August as my other pip was awarded until May 2017

You need to wait until you have received the Decision Letter, the DWP call centre staff have been known to get things totally wrong.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166955 by Candycane1010
Replied by Candycane1010 on topic Award length
Thank you for responding I have received the letter and it says may 2017 I'm still appealing the length as my condition is no where near looking to impove in the next 9 months if my condition has worsen and from when I first applied for pip would they extend the end date this is an award after my review after I was on the lower rate for both for 3 years and now on the enhance rate for both I now doing a mr on the length but don't know how to provide that my conditions is more long term.
P.s may 2017 is my original end date before I had my review

More
7 years 8 months ago #166967 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Award length

Candycane1010 wrote: Thank you for responding I have received the letter and it says may 2017 I'm still appealing the length as my condition is no where near looking to impove in the next 9 months if my condition has worsen and from when I first applied for pip would they extend the end date this is an award after my review after I was on the lower rate for both for 3 years and now on the enhance rate for both I now doing a mr on the length but don't know how to provide that my conditions is more long term.
P.s may 2017 is my original end date before I had my review

It's not just an issue of how long your conditions will last the period will also be effected by how likely your conditions are to change.

In terms of your conditions have a look on the internet to see if there is anything that clearly show that you are reasonably likely to suffer from them for a period beyond the end of next year. As to the likelihood of change, perhaps you could ask your GP for their opinion in writing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166977 by Candycane1010
Replied by Candycane1010 on topic Award length
Thank you once again well I have been on the same treatment for 4 years ( arthritis degenerative disc and severe Depression and anxiety) and no improvement it's only been getting worst, my award is til may 2017 so that mean another review in February. There would defiantly be no improvement as I'm not able to able for the things I need mobility car blue badge etc when I was first award pip in 2013 I didn't try to appeal cause my mental state is all over the place and for people like me there is only so much I can take. That been said I like to be organised because I understand patterns and get extremely depression when things are not in place. I can't get a taxi due to things that have happened in the pass and I don't deal well strangers I have no friends I only have family and I depend on them a lot but I feel like this is going to become daunting on them as there's not much I can do I feel like hanging in the towel and calling it a day cause all falls apart my children will have to live with my mother and I can't live with out them... I've been so patient with dwp I don't know if I could cope if they said no to a reconsideration

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.