× Members

pension on ill health

More
7 years 8 months ago #167291 by Shazzie
pension on ill health was created by Shazzie
Hi guys im new so sorry if this is wrong ....i have just retired at 53yrs on ill health and have been told it will be on Tier1 where i wont be able to work again.....ESA have me on a work related group which is due to run out on the 13 sep 2016,,,,im so confused ?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167307 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pension on ill health

Shazzie wrote: Hi guys im new so sorry if this is wrong ....i have just retired at 53yrs on ill health and have been told it will be on Tier1 where i wont be able to work again.....ESA have me on a work related group which is due to run out on the 13 sep 2016,,,,im so confused ?????

ESA is an indefinite award with regular reassessment so your payments won't stop on the 13th, why do you think it would?

In a broader context your ill health retirement and ESA award are separate things. ESA is awarded because you meet specific criteria, it's possible that the reasons why you have been retired correspond to that criteria, but it is also possible that they do not. You have been retired because your health prevented you carrying out your job or any other job that your employer was reasonable able to offer you, ESA (in principle), considers your ability to carry out any job.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167324 by worrywart
Replied by worrywart on topic pension on ill health
I was in same situation snazzie. One word of caution - if yiu are on contributory ESA , they will take your pension into account so the amount of ESA may drop or cease altogether. I didn't realise this as I thought ESA contribution based was not means tested, whilst that is true to a certain extent the exception is private pensions, which are factored in.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.