× Members

Carers and job centre

More
7 years 8 months ago #167643 by thomas51
Carers and job centre was created by thomas51
Hello there,
Im A little confused as before my sons tribunal i was in receipt of carers allowance and received the top up income support,now my son can be erratic at the best of times and sleep patterns are non existence... but we muddle through it !
So we have now won our tribunal and my son is on enhanced care and standard mobility,i have spoken too income support too ask advice as too how too get it back reinstated and i have have now got too see a job advisor on Friday ! why? surely they will not put me through the hell of job searches when i care 24/7 and sleep when i can get it !
This was not how it was before the tribual.
Any advice will be most welcomed
Brenda :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #167662 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers and job centre

thomas51 wrote: Hello there,
Im A little confused as before my sons tribunal i was in receipt of carers allowance and received the top up income support,now my son can be erratic at the best of times and sleep patterns are non existence... but we muddle through it !
So we have now won our tribunal and my son is on enhanced care and standard mobility,i have spoken too income support too ask advice as too how too get it back reinstated and i have have now got too see a job advisor on Friday ! why? surely they will not put me through the hell of job searches when i care 24/7 and sleep when i can get it !
This was not how it was before the tribual.
Any advice will be most welcomed
Brenda :(

I would expect it to be to help you fill out the Income Support forms, you should be able to backdate the claim to when the PIP claim starts (even if this is over the normal 3 months).

You can only be required to Job Seek if you are claiming JSA or Universal Credit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167674 by thomas51
Replied by thomas51 on topic Carers and job centre
Gordon,
Thankyou for your reply ,i do just need the income support reinstated....
It worried me so much thinking they were going too make me do job searches adding extra stress to a already stressful time!
Much appreciated
brenda

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.