× Members

ESA50 form time until medical

More
7 years 9 months ago #167987 by terry
ESA50 form time until medical was created by terry
Hi, I have just been transferred to PIP from DLA , from middle care and lower mobility DLA to enhanced care with 17 points on PIP for 4 years(received only 4 points for mobility). All in all this stressful period lasted from April until September. I had the medical in June for PIP and received a positive result 8 weeks later.

Now only a week after receiving my PIP rate, the post decided to land the ESA50 capability for work questionnaire! This has to be returned by October 7th. My question is how long from sending it back until medical? If say I sent it back at the latest possible time. I have been in the support group since being transferred in 2011 from incapacity benefit to ESA and this will be my 3 rd medical when I eventually receive a date for it. In the past it usually has taken 3 to 5 months , I am in the Bristol area.

Now getting to the point, I am going to Scotland early November to spend time with family I have not seen for a very long time and I will not be back until just before Christmas. If I am away , is there any way to rearrange a medical? My neighbour will be checking my mail to let me know and my support worker has said he will call them if need be. I just know I'm not going to be able to relax and cope when I go away because of this, which was the whole point of this trip that's been planned. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #168025 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 form time until medical
Terry

I'm afraid there is no definitive information on assessment times in the Public Domain an assessment could be done within a couple of weeks of your returning the ESA50 or it could be six months or more.

If you are not going to be at your usual place of residence for a prolonged period then you really need to inform the DWP in writing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.