× Members

Face to face assessment esa support group

More
7 years 8 months ago #167989 by babycatdiamond
Face to face assessment esa support group was created by babycatdiamond
Can someone help me. For 11 years I've been Non sick benefit IB now ESA income related support group. I have Degenerative Spondylolthesis of the spine in constant pain. Wheelchair outside stick inside. Neuropathy Pain and numbness in both legs. I'm on two options for pain. I also have Borderline Personality Disorder Depression OCD Anxiety Social Phobia agrophobia self harm. Also Ulcerative Colitis recurrent kidney infections Lichen Planus of vagina oral Lichen Planus, Foliate Deficiency insomnia but also can sleep 18 hours. I suffer weak hands from carpal tunnel had ops on both hands but they have little strength. At home or was ot asses3d for wet room and toilet aids plus stair lift. On DLA still atm middle rate care high rate mobility. I filled in esa a few months ago s3nt letters from psychiatrist etc. I've never had to go face to face but in a few weeks time they want one. On Friday I collapsed and went to doctors who told me to see psychiatrist and said he would do a letter back psychiatrist letter. Saw psychiatrist yesterday. I is doing a letter stating it would be harmful for me to go in work related group and to excempt me from face to face my GP is found similar. After they receive these letters can they still put me through a face to face. I was self harming site know with worry. I'm paranoid someone is watching me it never ends. My psychiatrist has got news to do some crafting at home to try and break my day and give me a purpose. Can anyone one who maybe an expert advice me on this. I'm due to contact my psychiatrist tomorrow who is mailing the letter. Assessment on 26th September. Can they maje me go through this even after a leafing psychiatrist has done this letter. If anyone knows of someone here that xanthine help it would be appreciated xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #168028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face assessment esa support group
babycatdiamond

I'm afraid the decision to require a face to face assessment or not lies wholly with Maximus, however, they do pay attention to letters from the claimants medical support, it is likely to be dependant on your conditions and the level of detail that you have included in your ESA50.

If you have problems with getting a paper review of your claim, then one of the things that you can do is contact your MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.