× Members

How long for pip MR

More
7 years 7 months ago #167991 by Mags84
How long for pip MR was created by Mags84
Hi does anyone know how long you have to wait for a MR for pip. My husbands has been away for almost 4 weeks. We lost our car and he has to hand it back by 26th September.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168030 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long for pip MR

Mags84 wrote: Hi does anyone know how long you have to wait for a MR for pip. My husbands has been away for almost 4 weeks. We lost our car and he has to hand it back by 26th September.
Thanks

I would chase the DWP for an update, most MRs take 4-5 weeks, but they can sometimes go on for months. Please be aware that the revision rate at MR is quite low so you may not receive a positive outcome before your car goes back.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mags84

More
7 years 7 months ago #168376 by Mags84
Replied by Mags84 on topic How long for pip MR
Hi just thought i would update on my MR i called today and the lady told me it had been lodged but at this stage that was all she could say. I asked if the dwp had a time limit for replying she said no. Just have to wait and see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #168965 by Mags84
Replied by Mags84 on topic How long for pip MR
Hi just got my husbands MR and it was declined. He kept enhanced rate for daily living needs but was reduced to standard rate for motability.

The letter basicaly said if he can walk slowly for 1 minute that is equivalent of 45 metres and if he can drive a car then he has no problems planning a journey.

He is not going to appeal as he went thru the appeal system for his esa 3 years ago and it made him ill and just feels he cannot do it again.

He has just been thru his esa again and was kept in the support group. So in comparason to a lot of others he came out it not as bad as he thought.

On a bright side his sister won her MR and kept her car and was upgraded to enhanced rate of daily living needs. So she came out of it better than what she had.

So once again a big thank you to b&w as i do not think we would have got what we did get without your help xxxxx

More
7 years 7 months ago #168969 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How long for pip MR
Thanks for letting us know the result Mags. I'm sorry that the decision wasn't what you were hoping for - but I can understand why your husband prefers to leave well alone!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168970 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long for pip MR
Mags84

I'm not sure I agree with either of the DWP's statements but that does not mean that you would win at appeal, often this is about playing the percentages and taking the win you have.

Congratulations on the award and thank you for your comments.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.