× Members

Impressed with ESA assessment

More
7 years 8 months ago #168114 by Tania
Impressed with ESA assessment was created by Tania
Had my asssessment today to see if I am eligable for remaining on ESA. I was so stressed beforehand (even though I've been through my share of these asssessments and only one was truly horrendous) I couldn't eat, sleep, been awful to be around at home and was nearly sick on my way there in the taxi. I was shaking so much when I arrived I could barely write my name and date when signing in.

However everyone was surprisingly lovely. From the receptionist to the lady who assessed me, they could not have been more professional and understanding. I'm still not getting my hopes up when it comes to the result but to have the actual assessment and overall experience in the centre be as good as it was is something I want to share to give hope to those who are scared while they wait for their own assessments. We hear a lot of horror stories and rightly so but just sometimes things are actually good and we are treated as human beings. I was struggling with the psychical examination and right away the lady stopped the tests and made sure I was okay and she was so tactful handling the more personal questions you get asked in these things.

This is how it should be in all centres across the country. It's senseless that it isn't when I've seen proof these asssessments CAN be conducted with kindness and fairness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #168134 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Impressed with ESA assessment
Hi Tania,

Thanks for the update. I'm very glad to hear that you were treated with care and courtesy. It makes a nice change after the horror stories we often hear!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.