× Members

DLA to AA at 65

More
7 years 8 months ago #168203 by Mel B
DLA to AA at 65 was created by Mel B
Hello Everybody

Just to advise that my wife who was a Type One Diabetic with Unerwareness of her Hypo's was granted maximum benifit this week with no period mentioned after 8 weeks wait without any more assesments.

All information was sent at the outset.. as advised by Benifits at Work.. So important to send everything that relates to the disability claim.

We used this site for our claim for DLA a few years ago and was awarded the maximum benifit and for PIP this year. As the PIP system moved the goal post she was not successful for her Diabetic Unerwarness from DLA to PIP !

Luckly she became 65 a few week later and was successful in claiming AA as AA seems to mirror DLA.. Many thanks to the Mod's and the information given, keep up the good work.
Good luck to everybody in their struggles with the the system.

Kind regards

Melb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #168226 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to AA at 65
Mel B

Congratulations to all on the awards.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #168227 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to AA at 65
That's great news Mel! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

I will soon by applying for AA on my mother's behalf. It is good to know that the AA guide is as helpful as the others!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.