× Members

assessement

More
7 years 8 months ago #168246 by fawndog
assessement was created by fawndog
Hello wonder if you could help me i was due to assessed in august for dla and also esa/pip
august went and still no news for my assessment so i rang up the dwp and after waiting for 45 mins on the phone they finally answered told them about when i was expected to be assessed and the person on the other end of the phone said it looks like they have already made a decision and i will not be re-assessed until april 2018 can they do this without even seeing me for a assessment and even from today i have had no paper work from them telling me about this if i never phoned them on that day i would be still stressing out when i was going to be re-assessed even though it is only for 21 months.
many thanks peter .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #168258 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic assessement
Hi Peter,

ESA is actually an indefinite award although a reassessment date is usually entered on the computer file ( the claimant is not routinely notified of this but can ring and ask). However, there was a big backlog a year or so ago and many claims were given another 2 years before they would be looked at. Maybe yours got caught up with this.

DLA is a fixed term award and the reassessment forms are usually sent out several years prior to the end date. If you are in the England, Scotland or Wales and were under 65 in April 2013, you will be 'invited' to apply for PIP rather than DLA. I have certainly not heard of DLA awards being extended without the claimant knowing.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fawndog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris