× Members

Sent PIP Appeal but nothing back

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #168253 by Debb
Sent PIP Appeal but nothing back was created by Debb
Hi

I hope I am in the right place to ask this question. Back in May, I had to fill in the PIP form which was simple enough, with the aid of my Carer, as it was similar to the DLA form. I added lots of pertinent information to bulk out the reasons for choosing the selection.

I then went to see a Medical Professional for my Face to Face appointment. Unfortunately, all the people who are within my Carer network couldn't go. However, I was disappointed with my Carer as his appointment was a check up at the dentist, and he had plenty of notice, which he could have moved.

The appointment was in Hedge End and even with maps and GPS, it was a pain getting to it. I am not allowed to drive due to Sleep Apnea and so the journey was arranged by my friend. At this meeting, I was asked questions about my physical health. I was asked if I could get out of my wheelchair and get back in, which I did so with the help of my friend. He asked me to put my hands over my head and then he asked me to squeeze his arms to which he said "there is nothing there". He briefly touched on my mental health issues and I mentioned that I needed someone with me all the time due to suicidal and self harm thoughts. Also that I needed someone to prepare my medication for the day as if I had to do it, I could easily take an overdose. I also mentioned that I had short memory issues. The meeting lasted 20 minutes.

Two weeks later I got my report. And I was shocked. I did get the Standard Rate for both Mobility and Carer. My Carer went online and said there was no need to appeal as he still got paid. When I said I was appealing he asked why has it was only "pocket money". Within the report there were three or four blatant lies saying I did things or was asked to do things at the Face to Face meeting.

I wrote out the appeal letter and sent it to ATOS as I thought that was where it was supposed to go. A couple of weeks later,my Carer, who asked if I had heard anything and who had I sent the information to, finally told me that I should have sent it to DWP.

It has to be 3 months since I sent the Appeal letter and I still haven't heard anything. I have tried ringing when I am reminded and the lines are always busy. I feel like I am lost in the system, no doubt with others. Worrying is not helping my physical health and my mental health as I worryingly close to doing some serious self harming. I do not know what to do? Hence subscribing to this website to ask for some advice.

What do I do? I cannot afford to lose £300 a month.

Help!

Thanks in advance

[removed]

Debb CM

"I've forgotten how good it feels to be alive"

Machines by Biffy Clyro
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Gordon. Reason: removed name

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #168270 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Sent PIP Appeal but nothing back
Hi Debb and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You might consider removing your full name form the bottom of your message in order to maintain an element of anonymity (as this forum is open for anyone to read).

I'm afraid I cannot answer your questions without asking more of my own -

Did you actually send your request to DWP eventually? If so, was this within the 1 month or was it later than this?

Did you actually ask for an 'appeal' or did you use the words Mandatory Reconsideration? Appeals are conducted by the Tribunal Service but cannot be requested until a Mandatory Reconsideration has been carried out by DWP.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return and give more information, or ask further questions, about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept to one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169471 by Debb
Replied by Debb on topic Sent PIP Appeal but nothing back
Thanks for replying.

MyCarer is in charge of all documentation so I sent my appeal to ATOS just within the 1 month. I still haven't heard anything from anyone and I'm scared.

What should I do next?

Debb CM

"I've forgotten how good it feels to be alive"

Machines by Biffy Clyro

More
7 years 7 months ago #169472 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sent PIP Appeal but nothing back

Debb wrote: Thanks for replying.

MyCarer is in charge of all documentation so I sent my appeal to ATOS just within the 1 month. I still haven't heard anything from anyone and I'm scared.

What should I do next?

You cannot make an appeal until you have had a Mandatory Reconsideration, a request for this needs to be sent to the DWP not ATOS, who have nothing to do with this process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.