× Members

ESA appeal Fail

More
7 years 7 months ago #168314 by bibine
ESA appeal Fail was created by bibine
:( :( Since 11 Dec 2015 i have been fighting to have my ESA reinstate.. Well on Sept 1 2016. my case was heard but I was not present and no-one to represent me... I was not award a single point. The original statement made by the Healthcare stand even with the letter from ATOS recognizing the fact that the assessment was not done correctly and missing information in regard of my health.

Now I must go and claim JSA an start looking for a job. I am so tired of trying to resolve this I cannot look for a job.. my body is not fit for it and does not respond anymore. I just reach 50 or in November. Which employer will want somebody who is always in pain full of medication making you sleepy.

Now I have decided to use my PIP to pay my rent and council tax I received the full for both part.

Well any info if I can claim ESA with a new certificate with a new condition not mention into my previous medical my certificate ..Because prior to it I was not suffering from high blood pressure I developed this on 24 Dec 2015 after the stress of having my claim refused. by a phone call from DWP. Any information will be welcome.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168340 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA appeal Fail
bibine

You should be able to make a new claim for ESA if the blood pressure is a new condition, but a Decision Maker may deny payment until you have had a face to face assessment if they cannot see a reasonable prospect of an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168364 by bibine
Replied by bibine on topic ESA appeal Fail
Thank you Gordon..

More
7 years 7 months ago #168386 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic ESA appeal Fail
all may not be lost

What was the reason you did not attend and were not being represented a the FTT?

A FTT must have good cause and be certain that an oral hearing is not needed to make a decision in the absence of the claimant. (even if you did not ask for an oral hearing).

You need to request a Statement of Reasons for the Decision as soon as possible and then seek help to consider if there is an "Error in law". to apply for an appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

I believe that if you request a UT appeal unless and until either permission to appeal is refused pr the appeal is heard you should still receive ESA at the pre assessment rate.

bill

More
7 years 7 months ago #168392 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA appeal Fail

Bill24chev wrote: I believe that if you request a UT appeal unless and until either permission to appeal is refused pr the appeal is heard you should still receive ESA at the pre assessment rate.

bill

I am sorry but you are incorrect, the ESA Assessment rate is not payable during an appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.