× Members

wca outcome

More
7 years 7 months ago #168319 by mum0f6
wca outcome was created by mum0f6
Hi
my son recently went for his WCA for ESA, we've just received a text to say they are going to call in the next 4 hours to discuss the outcome. I have never known them do that.......could this mean it's bad news and he is going to loose ESA or is this normal procedure now. I am on ESA but went from IB to ESA without medical so don't know and we are both really worried.
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168341 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic wca outcome
Hi mum0f6 and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid these calls seem to come mostly when the Decision Maker is considering finding the claimant 'fit for work' but wants more information to be sure. It is your chance to provide information to help him/her decide otherwise! This will only be accomplished by talking about how your son meets the specific ESA descriptors, not whether he could consider work or how much help he needs etc.

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your son's ESA without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168342 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic wca outcome

mum0f6 wrote: Hi
my son recently went for his WCA for ESA, we've just received a text to say they are going to call in the next 4 hours to discuss the outcome. I have never known them do that.......could this mean it's bad news and he is going to loose ESA or is this normal procedure now. I am on ESA but went from IB to ESA without medical so don't know and we are both really worried.
thanks

I suspect we may have missed the call, but I think it likely that they are phoning because your son has failed the WCA, however the Decision is marginal and they are phoning to see if there is any information that they have overlooked or misunderstood which might change the Decision.

I would prepare a short bullet list of the reasons why your son should score points and keep that by the phone for when they ring, if they haven't already.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.