× Members

home visit

More
7 years 7 months ago #168358 by kathy Rouse
home visit was created by kathy Rouse
HI everyone.
one month ago i received a letter to claim pip. i have been on DLA for over 10 years.
I called them up told them i wanted to make a claim for pip. some questions i thought were irrelevant, was told i would get my form in the post and if not received in 3 weeks time i would need to contact them.
i rang up to say i had not received the form,i was told they would send out another form to fill in and send back. i asked for a text msg to say another form had been sent out.
the following week i received the dreaded form,took my time and filled it out as and when i could. I returned the form got a text msg to say they had received it, one week later i had a letter to say i would be having a home visit on Tuesday 13th September between 10 and 12
i got worked up and felt anxious i wasn't told who it would be, would it be a man or women and which agency they would be from.
i suffer from severe depression ,Fybromyalgia and a few other things.
i couldnt sleep i got worried upset very dry mouth etc etc.
on the day a lady came around 10.30 introduced herself to me first name only,she sat down and spoke to me about what would be happening in this face to face interview,
i got anxious and upset,couldnt think clearly, i did say excuse me as i had to take deep breathes to try and calm my nerves,hopefully she could see what stress i was under.
at the end of the interview she asked if i felt up to having a type of physical assessment i was very exhausted, tired and in lots of pain, i didnt directly decline,but she asked if i felt like it and being honest i said that i didnt feel like it. not sure at this point what she actually typed into her laptop. the lady told me that she would be sending her report from the visit that evening and i should get a letter in 2 or 4 weeks time. today is the 15th sept i had a text msg from dwp to say they had now got all the information needed to make a decision. i have never known a turn around so quick. because of my illness i have already been transferred over to ESA in the support group 2 years ago without a medical, I was awarded DLA 10 years ago indefinitely so now im worried about what will drop through my letterbox in the dreaded brown envelope. the first time i claimed DLA i was turned down and had to go to tribunal and i won my case. now if you get turned down before it gets to a tribunal case you have to ask for a reconsideration, without that you cannot take your case any further.
i now feel very negative and worry that i may loose my motorbility car which i need to get around and get me to and from my appointments. my fingers are crossed,i will come back and let you guys know what the outcome is. at this moment in time im suffering sever headaches just worrying that i may loose everything that i may be stuck in doors for ever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168359 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic home visit
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

We are finding that the initial stages of the PIP application are done quite quickly - but, in many cases, the time from assessment to decision can be around 8 weeks.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168465 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic home visit
Hello

There is nothing you ca do now to influence the outcome of the decision maker unless they contact you requesting more information. My own experience from the TIME I GOT THE LETTER to receiving decision was
another 6 weeks.

I used to go to the door to the post checking. But you now have to wait.
Try concentrate looking after your health and recharging your batteries, so if the decision goes the wrong way you will have more fight in you for the next stage.

Remember you have to Fight Back if you get a decision you think is wrong.
So try focus on other things until the envelop arrives and prepare for it been a long time arriving, but if it arrives tomorrow thats also great.

Good Luck My Friend

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.