× Members

PIP result received today turned town

More
7 years 7 months ago #168406 by melissand
PIP result received today turned town was created by melissand
I have been on dla middle care and low mobility for 5 years due to severe epilepsy worsened by testicular cancer chemo and drugs. When dla was up for renewal this October I did my new form for PIP transfer. Result back today onlly points for lifestyle first part and only 4 points for mobility. Very angry. Can I ask to stay on dla which ends 4 October while I appeal PIP decision. I also will lose the carers allowance paid to my carer. Please advise as I have had great advice from this site before. Much thanks Gary Mcdonald :( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168410 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP result received today turned town
Hi Silversam,

You might want to consider removing your full name from the bottom of your message in order to maintain a degree of anonymity on a public site.

I'm afraid you cannot remain on DLA now that you have been refused PIP. Your DLA will run for 1 month following the PIP decision, then stop :(

If you want to take this further, your next step will be a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Have you requested a copy of the assessor's report from DWP? If not, this is well worth doing as it will help you understand why you did not score points against the descriptors.

Don't delay in getting the MR request submitted if the report does not arrive in time. Tell DWP that you will send in additional information when you have the report and they should give you 28 days to get this to them ( they don't always wait this long, so don't delay longer than you have to).

The MR process is explained in the PIP guide.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your MR (and appeal, if it gets that far) without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168463 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic PIP result received today turned town
Hi Silversam

Having just had my review turned down, I would stress its is
VITALY IMPORTANT that you get Medical evidence to support your claim but first do what Mrs Hurtyback suggested immediately, write requesting all the information they hold on you regarding your pips claim.

Then you can get medical evidence from a doctor health professionals to argue the points of the decision maker. Deal with each point separately rather than getting into long general discussion which is what the DWP want.

Treat the Pips claim as something new and concentrate on how your illness stops you doing things or causes you pain to do so.

Keep Fighting but START TODAY sending recorded delivery letter t the DWP

Please can you send me all the details you are holding on me for my Pips claim. Do not discuss the decision in this letter your just requesting the information your legally entitled to and then they pass it to another department.

Good Luck

More
7 years 7 months ago #168472 by melissand
Replied by melissand on topic PIP result received today turned down
I am trying to call the DWP and they told me have an IT problem, and I cannot get the forms I need or appeal against the decision. I keep trying to speak to them, but I am not sure what to say. I was seen by a nurse, and she did not examine me, or ask me to count back from 100 like in DLA assessment. She just spoke to me. And sneakly, they put the room a big distance at the back of the waiting room. The doctor said he would see me, then he took someone else instead of me, at the door. and the nurse spoke to me.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168483 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP result received today turned town
Hi silversam,

You do not need special forms to request a Mandatory Reconsideration. I believe there are sample letters in the PIP guide. As long as you get this in within 1 month (from the date on the decision letter) DWP cannot refuse to look at your claim again.

MRs have a low success rate - but you have to go through this stage, otherwise the Tribunal Service cannot accept an appeal.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.