× Members

esa medical report

More
7 years 7 months ago #168444 by eve
esa medical report was created by eve
hi looking at my esa medical report ,it states that i meet the criteria for limited capability for work related activity as i have severe functional disability. There is no list of activities on the report or where on the descriptors apply to me or how many points i have. on the section on advice.The evidence suggests medium term.I can see that it states the evidence that i can not mobilise 50 metres repeatedly ect.due to copd. i understand i must of got on esa support because of mobility problems,but what about the points. There is no mention of points or descriptors? there are on letters or numbers.I am really confused about it.And as it all so advises that work can be considered within 18 months. I have severe copd i have sent i a stack of evidence from a top consultant. And could be years untill a cure.They took into account i can only manage 20-50 metres on the flat.And not likly to manage a self propelled wheelchair to improve on function due to reduced exercise tolerance.So why on earth do they advise that work could be considered within 18 months.How can i find out how many points i have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168454 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa medical report
Eve

If you qualified for the SG under Mobilising Activity then you scored 15 points and met one of the SG Descriptors.

You may have scored additional points if you look at the assessment report alongside the WCA Handbook you will see that for each activity there is a code consisting of two letters, the first is the activity and the second is the Descriptor so for the Mobility activity it is Wa.

ESA is an indefinite award with regular reassessment, so although the prognosis is 18 months, this is not part of the Decision and so cannot be challenged by the claimant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.