× Members

Very good PIP Assessment

More
7 years 7 months ago #168507 by Tania
Very good PIP Assessment was created by Tania
Just got back from my PIP assessment with ATOS and I am beyond amazed at how professional all invovled there. From the receptionist offering me a cup of coffee and a cuddle when I started crying while signing in because it was all so overwhelming for me, to the actual nurse who carried out the assessment I feel very fortunate. Of course I have no idea if my claim will be successful but, as I said with my ESA assessment earlier this week I am just so relieved to have been treated like a human being. I was particularly impressed with how much the nurse focused on my mental health as I usually find it the opposite.

Just wanted to put this out there to offer hope to anyone who is feeling terrified about their own medical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mel0366

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168508 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Very good PIP Assessment
Thanks for the update. We hear so many horror stories, it is always nice to know that there are still people who are being treated with courtesy and care.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168518 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Very good PIP Assessment
I'd like to add to your positive experience with your assessment. I had mine last week with Capitas and I was amazed and shocked by the professional way they conducted themselves. They catered for my difficulties with fluorescent lighting and I was amazed at how much my other difficulties were understood by the assessor, both physical and mental. He stated things like "I need to make sure I write this up so that the DWP can understand it"

My experience was a positive one, let's hear from others with positive experiences to show members waiting for their assessments it's not always a bad experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauldcox3, slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #168526 by natasha
Replied by natasha on topic Very good PIP Assessment
I know how you feel as I had mine today as well. I am so tired but anxious as well, think I will stress until I get the results. I think I explained myself OK but I'm sure I waffled and went off track. The assessor seemed very nice but its how your answers are put in the computer?? Silly as it sounds I don't remember to much of it (65minutes) but relieved that I did it. Good Luck .
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #168600 by jgomesuk
Replied by jgomesuk on topic Very good PIP Assessment
I must agree with the positivity of this thread. I had my ESA assessment with ATOS just over three weeks ago. The receptionist was very helpful and pleasant and the assessor (doctor) was exceptionally understanding. She said she'd read through my (very long) re-appliction form thoroughly beforehand and she proved it by asking additional questions, reading between the lines and making statements that summed up my condition perfectly. She typed in everything. I had been feeling quite emotional and terrified of the whole process for weeks beforehand but tried to remain calm and stoic through the interview as I didn't want to make a fool of myself (my usual approach to life). She could see right through it and was kind, supportive, gentle, concerned, encouraging and funny. I was relieved and surprisingly calm when it was over. I received my result over the weekend - still in the support group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.