× Members

ESA Renewal

More
7 years 7 months ago #168516 by mistake
ESA Renewal was created by mistake
Heĺlo All I am just in the process of filling in my ESA renwal form and would be grateful for your help. Under Physical Capacity, question1 moving around, can i leave all the tick boxes unticked and just explain how i walk, speed, support needed etc. I just want to be sure if i do that would i be penalised for not ticking any boxes .
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168530 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Renewal
Hi Mistake,

We do recommend leaving the tick-boxes blank if you feel that none of them accurately reflect your limitations. Write a brief explanation of why you have left them blank and then go on to explain your limitations.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mistake

More
7 years 7 months ago #168583 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic ESA Renewal
The first Question and Tick box of the ESA50 and the wording of the answer for it could possibly entrap a claimant into stating that they can walk/move 50 meters.

"How far can you move safely and reportedly on level ground"

The first tick box answer is

50 meters when it should say Less than 50m

Any one ticking this box are saying they can move 50 meters which I have no doubt would mean the HCP and DM concluding that you were not entitled to the 15 points( probably even if you are quadriplegic.(eg a thalidomide victim was highlighted this week in the press, having failed a F2F, the HCP was not aware of the scandal, I know the scandal happened 40years ago but I would have thought an HCP would be aware of it).

This must affect many claimants who do not have the advantage of a B & W subscription or other adviser and probably think that at least one box must be ticked.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.