× Members

Aids and points

More
7 years 7 months ago #168566 by Annie
Aids and points was created by Annie
Wonder if you could clarify something for me regarding washing and dressing for PIP.
My son had a pontine infarct brain hemorrhage leaving him with disabilities one being complete hemiparesis down right side and ataxia. We have since had a shower room put in by the housing association and recently a £3000 toilet which as tone can imagine does all sorts of things!
What I am asking is do I put down what problems would occur if we didn't have all these adaptations?? Would he lose points because he has all these things to help?? If we were to go on holiday he would need much more help than he would need at home due to not having the adaptations. Not yet received PIP forms yet but want to be prepared. He has DLA high mob and middle care at present.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168616 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Aids and points
Annie

The legal test is whether he can use an un-adapted bath or shower, if he cannot then you need to explain why this is the case.

For Toilet Needs you still need to explain his problems, the toilet itself should score two points if you can explain his difficulties, he may be able to manage four points if you can show that without the toilet he would need assistance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.