× Members

AUTISM AND PIP

More
7 years 7 months ago #168579 by Rose
AUTISM AND PIP was created by Rose
My son is approaching 16 and has to change from dla to Pip however, we have been told to gather information and reports form all the professionals that are involved with him, the problem is that we have had no involvement from professionals since he was diagnosed and nothing has changed so it will be our word only and historical documentation.

SOMEONE CAME TO SEE US AND GAVE MY HUSBAND THE POWER TO ACT ON MY SONS BEHALF AS HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE ANY DOCUMENTS HIMSELF.

HOW SUCCESSFUL ARE THESE KIND OF CASES TO BE ACCEPTED FOR PIP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168625 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic AUTISM AND PIP
Hi Rose and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Like DLA and ESA, PIP is awarded due to the limitations a claimant experiences rather than a specific diagnosis.

Whether or not you son gets PIP will depend on the degree of limitation and how well he/you explain these.

The exact criteria and how best to explain your case are explained in the PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

I suggest you have a good look at the guide and then come back if you have further questions or comments. You will find this easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too.

Please will you not make further posts all, or mainly, in upper case as this causes problems for members with visual impairments who use text to speech softwear :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.