× Members

Income-Related ESA, Passport Benefits

More
7 years 7 months ago #168614 by penthesili
Income-Related ESA, Passport Benefits was created by penthesili
Hi Gordon
I wonder if you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction concerning the 2008 legislation of Income-Related ESA passport benefits, in particular free Prescriptions. The latest NHS belt-tightening in my area has lead to those on ESA Income-Related being questioned by their chemists and NHS investigators as to whether they should be getting free prescriptions. I qualify for them, but I really need to be able to quote the relevant Government legislation, especially as ESA-IR 'uprating letters' have not been sent out this year. Could you be so kind as to post the link?
Many thanks
Cheers, Pen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168649 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income-Related ESA, Passport Benefits

penthesili wrote: Hi Gordon
I wonder if you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction concerning the 2008 legislation of Income-Related ESA passport benefits, in particular free Prescriptions. The latest NHS belt-tightening in my area has lead to those on ESA Income-Related being questioned by their chemists and NHS investigators as to whether they should be getting free prescriptions. I qualify for them, but I really need to be able to quote the relevant Government legislation, especially as ESA-IR 'uprating letters' have not been sent out this year. Could you be so kind as to post the link?
Many thanks
Cheers, Pen.

It won't be in the ESA legislation but rather some NHS related legislation.

I can't understand why they would be querying whether ESA(IR) provides entitlement, it's one of the options on the back of the prescription form!

It would be more likely that they are querying your entitlement to ESA(IR), your last entitlement letter should be sufficient, providing it mentions "income related" which some don't even though the claimant is receiving it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168712 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Income-Related ESA, Passport Benefits
Hi Gordon,
Apparently, some pen-pusher from the NHS has been threatening disabled people who have free prescritions, and fining them if they can't prove that they have 'passports' for free prescriptions. It's another case of disabled people being assumed to be guilty, and proving innocence. I've passed the ESA3 form assessment from the Ilford Benefit Integrity Unit, but this prize plumb from the NHS refuses to believe it. Plus, as very few 'uprating letters' have been sent out this year, due to benefits being forzen until 2020, proving innocence is difficult.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168731 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Income-Related ESA, Passport Benefits
Hi Pen,

What an absolute pain! Have you tried asking DWP for a new letter of entitlement?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168745 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Income-Related ESA, Passport Benefits
Hi Mrs H
Yes, I rang a nice lady called Debbie last Thursday, who said she'd send me a letter of entitlement. It hasn't turned up yet, but according to Debbie the DWP is getting a lot of this, she's having to spend days generating such letters and sending them out just because the NHS is throwing a wobbly. Uprating letters haven't been sent out this year, nor will they as benefits are frozen until 2020, so the NHS are using this as an excuse to threaten people

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.