× Members

ESA Permitted Work

More
7 years 7 months ago #168659 by alicat
ESA Permitted Work was created by alicat
Ive been granted permission to do permitted work of £20 a week. I've been offered £50 to write a blog post but it'll likely be the only thing I earn this month so will they average it out across the month ie i earned £50 out of a max £80 or will the one week the money comes in take a heavy deduction? I really have no idea how this works. Thank you!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168674 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Permitted Work

alicat wrote: Ive been granted permission to do permitted work of £20 a week. I've been offered £50 to write a blog post but it'll likely be the only thing I earn this month so will they average it out across the month ie i earned £50 out of a max £80 or will the one week the money comes in take a heavy deduction? I really have no idea how this works. Thank you!!

You need to contact the DWP and get an answer in writing, especially if you are in the WRAG, earning over £20 per week will start a period of PW at the Higher Earning Limit, you can only do PW at the HEL for 52 weeks if you are in the WRAG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168685 by alicat
Replied by alicat on topic ESA Permitted Work
thanks, Im in support group. ive spoken to them a few times no one ever seemed to be able to give any definitive answer on anything, one said any earnings is deducted another said they aren't. i really dont know how to go about it. basically i write a blog and do some online surveys etc from my bed on my laptop. i dont want to give them the impression i can go out to work because i literally write my blog laid down on a laptop at like 2am usually when my brain works a bit better. do you think i should go see CAB?

More
7 years 7 months ago #168687 by Gordon

alicat wrote: thanks, Im in support group. ive spoken to them a few times no one ever seemed to be able to give any definitive answer on anything, one said any earnings is deducted another said they aren't. i really dont know how to go about it. basically i write a blog and do some online surveys etc from my bed on my laptop. i dont want to give them the impression i can go out to work because i literally write my blog laid down on a laptop at like 2am usually when my brain works a bit better. do you think i should go see CAB?

The problem is you are talking to call centre staff and the only ones who can deal with your question are a Decision Maker, but they are not available on the phone. If you are in the Support Group then the HEL is not an issue, you could write to them with the information about this payment and see what they say, but it may take weeks (or even longer) to get a response.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168688 by alicat
Replied by alicat on topic ESA Permitted Work
so theoretically it shouldnt be a problem? i think i will write a letter to get full clarification on the whole situation. i want to help myself a bit but its stressing me out. where do I write to? thank you for helping me its appreciated greatfully

More
7 years 7 months ago #168690 by Gordon

alicat wrote: so theoretically it shouldnt be a problem? i think i will write a letter to get full clarification on the whole situation. i want to help myself a bit but its stressing me out. where do I write to? thank you for helping me its appreciated greatfully

The DWP office dealing with your claim, address should be on any recent letter you have received about your ESA.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: alicat

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.