× Members

ESA Missed home visit.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168666 by the seeker
ESA Missed home visit. was created by the seeker
I hope you can advise me on this. I have been claiming ESA and have been found unfit for work. I suffer with major depression anxiety and panic. A home visit was made for me . On the day I became very anxious and this all built up into a panic attack. An ambulance was called and due to other complications I was taken too accident and emergency. I was discharged a few hours later. Thus I was not available when the Dr called to visit. Attempts were made by my carer to call the assessment office number to inform them of the situation, but they do not answer their phone. Instead a letter was left and signed stating that another appointment will be made. Two weeks later I got a form from DWP asking why I did not have the assessment, I sent it back in time along with medical evidence from my doctor stating my condition. A week later the DWP write to me and say you have been found fit for work and need to request a Mandatory reassessment if I want to. I am shocked, my questions are:
If I have a letter from the assessment Doctor stating that another appointment will be made is that official.?
This was my first appointment are you not given a second chance automatically?
What should I do now?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168681 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Missed home visit.
the seeker

When you last posted, about three months ago, see the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=109616#160419

You were about to make an appeal, is this failure to attend related to this or have you made a new claim for ESA?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168769 by the seeker
Replied by the seeker on topic ESA Missed home visit.
I put in an appeal and when the papers were lodged and the DWP informed they re-instated my money and back paid me, and had been continuing to do so, so the appeal was cancelled all was well until last week. When this all happened. They were sent supporting evidence of my condition when I returned the non attendance form.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Missed home visit.

the seeker wrote: I put in an appeal and when the papers were lodged and the DWP informed they re-instated my money and back paid me, and had been continuing to do so, so the appeal was cancelled all was well until last week. When this all happened. They were sent supporting evidence of my condition when I returned the non attendance form.

Thank you for the update.

Was the assessment you missed the first appointment you received or had you re-arranged one previous to this?

Did you actually contact Maximus to tell them about the missed appointment, you say your carer tried but not whether they were eventually successful?

Did you receive an appointment letter for a second assessment?

As a Decision has been made to close your claim your only way forward is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, have a look at the ESA Appeal guide, there are also template letters that you can use in the ESA section

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You should contact the hospital you were taken to, they should have a record of your visit which you can enclose with the MR request,

You should make it clear that although advised that a second appointment would be booked, enclose a copy of the letter you received, not second appointment letter was received, assuming this is the case.

The MR is only concerned with your failing to attend the appointment so do not waste your time by sending medical evidence, etc., unless it is in regard to why you did not attend on that particular day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168878 by the seeker
Replied by the seeker on topic ESA Missed home visit.
Thanks for your response.
This was the first assessment. I was prepared for the interview that day, it was not cancelled in advance, during the panic situtation that ensued my career called the number given on the appointment letter that morning to stop the doctors wasted visit no one answered the phone. No second appointment was offered and I did send in a copy of the note the Dr left but DWP seemed to have ignored this. I shall chase up the paperwork for the hospital visit.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168886 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Missed home visit.
Thanks for the clarification. You should certainly emphasise that correct procedures were not followed as you were never offered a second appointment!

The following user(s) said Thank You: the seeker

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.