× Members

disability element of working tax credit

More
7 years 7 months ago #168683 by BIG G
Hi my daughter has epilepsy and has been in receipt of DLA and the disability element of working tax credit.
She has just been refused any entitlement to PIP and her DLA has ceased.
She has now received a letter from Tax Credit Office stating that as her entitlement to DLA has ceased they have to decide whether she is still entitled to the disability element of Working Tax Credits.
She certainly meets conditions 1 and 2 of the 3 qualifying conditions but i'm having difficulty in understanding whether she meets condition 3 as shown on form TC956.
She gets National Insurance Credits as she is in receipt of Child Benefit for her 2 children.
On page 7 of TC956 it goes on about "by getting Disabled Persons Tax Credit at some earlier time"
Can you please advise if she is still entitled to the disability element or not as it seems very vague.
We have asked for a review of the disallowance of PIP but this is the latest hurdle to try and overcome.
Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168684 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic disability element of working tax credit
Big G

I'm sorry but we do not advise on Tax Credits on the forum, all I can suggest is that she try and get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.