× Members

Reporting Changes Regarding PIP

More
7 years 7 months ago #168709 by MarieMarie
Reporting Changes Regarding PIP was created by MarieMarie
Hi,
My partner has already gone through the traumatic dla to pip process having to endure a mandatory reconsideration and court appeal to receive his award. Since then his conditions have deteriorated considerably and wish to know the best way to report these changes to the DWP Telephone or Letter. We have several new consultant reports and diagnosis and further referrals in progress. I am just concerned after the upheaval and upset he went through before.
I look forward to hearing form you.
Kind regards,
Marie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168738 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reporting Changes Regarding PIP
Marie

The situation is relatively clear where the claimants conditions have improved, it can be definitely murky where there has been a deterioration.

First of all are you sure that the change is permanent? You don't want to report a change only to find a month later that there is an improvement.

Secondly, is the deterioration reasonably likely to result in the extra points required for a higher award? If not then there is no benefit in you reporting the change. If you think that it would result in a higher award then you need to contact the DWP office dealing with your partners claim in writing, informing them of the change.

Please be aware, reporting a Change of Circumstances will result in a new claim form being issued, which you need to complete in detail, not just with information about the change and supply medical evidence as you can, even if it has been sent before. I would expect your partner to asked to attend a face to face interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarieMarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.