× Members

Will getting mobility car trigger pip

More
7 years 7 months ago #168715 by Dazzanator
Will getting mobility car trigger pip was created by Dazzanator
Hi I am looking to get a motability car as I am currently on dla high rate mobility and med rate care indefinite award .I know they are currently moving people from dla to pip and wondered if I apply for mobility car weather it will trigger the dreaded pip assessment or weather it makes no difference and things will stay the same until they move me over any help would be appreciated thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168734 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Will getting mobility car trigger pip
Hi Dazzanator,

Getting a vehicle from Motability will have no effect on your DLA (other than them taking the mobility money in payment, of course!) nor will it trigger the PIP process.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168766 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic Will getting mobility car trigger pip
Hi Dazanator. It may have just been a complete fluke, however I had a motility car which was 5 years old last Dec. I was on indefinite HR mobility DLA. I was concerned that if I was called to apply for PIP and not get it I would have no transport and would be housebound. I decided to ask Motability for a price to buy it. I had to give them my decision 2 weeks b4 the 5 years was up. I bought the car and Motability said they would advise DWP I was no longer leasing. Guess what happened next?
I received the dreaded letter from DWP to the exact date in December when my lease finished that my DLA was ending with details if I wanted to apply for PIP. I was gutted but so glad I had not entered into another Motability lease. It was stressful enough without having to lose my car. A friend of mine who was being changed over from DLA to PIP at the same time as me had to return her car to Motability even though she put in a MR.
I'm sure it was Motability contacting DWP which flagged me up but could just be me being paranoid!
Another thing to bear in mind. I had approx £4K extras which I had to pay myself at the start of my lease. If you buy your vehicle you pay again as this adds value to the Motability vehicle and is NOT taken into account that YOU added the value. I paid my DLA full payments for 5 years and still had to pay £8k plus the original £4K.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.