× Members

PIP assesment

More
7 years 7 months ago #168720 by bigchris
PIP assesment was created by bigchris
I had a letter today September the 20th from the DWP to tell me I have had my PIP benefit stopped from 04/10/2016 because I did not attend my assessment. I was on holiday form 31st of July to 13 August and they did not send the letter until at least the 1st or 2nd of August.The letter was dated 31st July which is a Sunday. I informed ATOS first thing on Monday 15th of August to be told it was not my fault and to phone the DWP which I did and was also told it was not my fault and they would deal with it quickly. I have phoned ATOS numerous times since to check on a new date but was told they had not heard from the DWP and told not to worry. I have phoned the DWP numerous times and the form had not even been processed in fact the last time I phoned the man said he was going to follow it through and it was not my fault. It does say on the assessment appointment form from ATOS that claimants have 1 more chance to arrange a new assessment date. I am waiting for the DWP to phone me back in the next 24 hours for a reconsideration.I am sick with worry as I need this benefit to help me with my independence.I have been on DLA since 1996.I am frightened.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168743 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assesment
C

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am surprised that the DWP have made this Decision given what you have posted, however, as they have you now have no choice but to request a Mandatory Reconsideration in writing. Have a look at our PIP Appeal guide and the PIP section has template letters that you can use to make the request.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Being on holiday and away from your home when the assessment was booked for should have been accepted as Good Cause.

Claimants should also be given two opportunities to attend so providing this was your first missed appointment and you had not re-arranged a previous booking then you should have received a second appointment.

Lastly and it's not entirely clear from your post, if you did not receive seven days written notice of the appointment, this time includes postage, then you were not properly notified of the appointment.

It's possible that the matter can be resolved over the phone, if you receive a call about the Decision, but if not then you need to make the MR request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigchris

More
7 years 7 months ago #168792 by bigchris
Replied by bigchris on topic PIP assesment
If i apply for a mandatory consideration but still am refused will my DLA still be paid until i hear the result of a tribunal.I am so frightened at the moment.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168800 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assesment
I'm afraid your benefit will not start to be paid again unless a decision is made in your favour.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigchris

More
7 years 7 months ago #168805 by bigchris
Replied by bigchris on topic PIP assesment
I have done nothinv wrong and still they treat me like this.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.