× Members

ESA and Fit to Work note

More
7 years 7 months ago #168765 by Bobsaunt
ESA and Fit to Work note was created by Bobsaunt
Hi a little background, I had a very succesfull job up until October 2015, when my life hit a proverbial brick wall. I was subsequently diagnosed with sever depression and severe anorexia, this was in December. I had finished my contract at the end of November and as I was self employed, it never occured to me to ask for a fit to work note. Nor for that matter had I head of ESA.

My life has been turned upside down 10 days ago when my husband physically assaulted me, and is now no longer living here, nor will be, so am having to access to those that I now no I am entitled.

Here is my problem, I do not have any fit to work notes and though my GP is more than happy to tell them that I have been unable to work since December, they say that no longer contact GPs.

As you can see I am seriously concerned of what I can do - thank you in advance for any hellp.

Bobs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168782 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and Fit to Work note
Bobsaunt

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I have to admit that I very confused by your GP's comments, it is your GP who issues a Fit Note, I'm guessing that they have not issued one so you will need to see them again. The Note cannot be for more than 3 months during the first six months of your claim. You will need to have a current Fit Note on file with the DWP until a Decision on your claim is made.

ESA is not awarded for a condition but rather the limitations that result from it so you should have a good read of our ESA Claim guides to see the criteria that you will have to show that you meet. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Your ESA claim can be backdated by up to 3 months providing your GP is willing to backdate the Fit Note.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.