× Members

feel like I am being hounded

More
7 years 7 months ago #168778 by petpud
feel like I am being hounded was created by petpud
Please help - I thought at least I would have another year to eighteen months before I was subjected to yet more form filling/evidence gathering with all the accompanying anxiety but no!!
I was awarded ESA SA about 2 1/2 years ago after a mandatory recon.(all aided by this wonderful site) for the last 7 years I also should have claimed DLA then PIP but I didn't because the process was too much for me (I sent away for the forms on 3 occasions)

Anyway this year with the help of this forum and a friend I filled in the form, attended the ATOS assessment, was awarded Higher rate care and Mobility !!! I was overjoyed the mental stress it caused me was so great I was prescribed tranquilizers just to attend the assessment. So why do I feel hounded? well I was only awarded PIP 2 months ago and today a ESA 50 landed on my doorstep.

I couldn't believe it do I have to go thru all that again? is there no way ATOS can used the PIP evidence (only 4 months old) for my ESA claim? or is that too simple - I don't think I could go thru it all again please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168794 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic feel like I am being hounded
petpud

I am afraid ESA and PIP have different assessment criteria and a report from one cannot be used replace a report from the other.

You need to complete this ESA50 in detail and provide medical evidence as you can, even if it has been sent before. Have a look at our ESA Claim guides for information on how to complete the form.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: petpud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.